What is Pilates?
Pilates is a unique, low-impact form of exercise that integrates mind and body to improve your health and wellbeing.
Pilates is the art of conscious movement. When practised with consistency it improves flexibility, builds strength, and develops control and endurance of the entire body. Pilates puts emphasis on alignment, breath, developing strong core musculature and improving posture, coordination and balance.
Is Pilates for You?
- Do you wake each morning with an aching back or struggle with niggling pains and difficulty moving in your daily life?
- Do you feel the gym or bootcamp are too high impact or impersonal for you? Or have you never found a form of exercise you really enjoy?
- Are you an athlete or sporting enthusiast held back by muscle imbalances, injuries or wanting to gain a competitive edge?
- Do you have physical conditions that see you regularly needing treatment and which prevent you performing the activities and living the life you dream of?
- Are you a pregnant, trying to fall, or a new mum who wishes to care for her body and give the best to her baby?
- Do you long to celebrate the joys of moving and living with strength, ease and vitality?
Then Pilates is for you!
Imagine… a healthy, enjoyable movement program specific to you and your body. Imagine… nourishing your mind, body and spirit. Imagine… feeling energised, thinking clearly, moving easily and living the life of your dreams!
What You Will Achieve
Pilates is very diverse and adaptable. Along with other health and fitness techniques used by Esprit, we can help you have:
- Improved total body fitness and general health and wellbeing.
- Increased strength, mobility and tone.
- Decreased back pain, joint pain and/or muscle imbalances.
- Conditioning for sports and improved movement efficiency.
- Balanced cross-training for athletes.
- Better recovery from illness, injury or childbirth.
- Mental and spiritual rejuvenation.
- Enhanced body awareness and self-confidence.
- Integration of new movement patterns into your daily life resulting in more energy and prevention of aches, pains and injuries.
- Balanced body, mind and spirit.
It is proven that regular physical activity slows the aging process. Pilates is the perfect low-risk, low-impact and guaranteed results option.
“Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness. Our interpretation of physical fitness is the attainment and maintenance of a uniformly developed body with a sound mind, fully capable of naturally, easily and satisfactorily performing our many and varied daily tasks with spontaneous zest and pleasure.”Joseph Pilates